Sunday, February 8, 2015

Lake on Bruce Trail

Heyo!

I've been having a bit of a creative slump over the last couple of weeks, between being busy, not feeling up to painting (or writing, or music), and just a general feeling of 'BLEH'.  We're a week into February and it's kind of getting to me.

I've got a couple of works-in-progress that, in spite of my excitement, I had hit that moment of "This is coming along so well! I better not touch it in case I screw it up!"

So as a quick exercise and a chance to try out some of the mediums that I highlighted in my last post I pulled together a quick-and-dirty landscape scene, based on a picture that the boyfriend-guy took on a vacation we took two summers ago to the Bruce Peninsula National Park.

Acrylic on 9x12 canvas
I used the semi-gloss for the sky and some of the higher gloss gel for the lake.  I used some of the moulding paste and clear tar for the trees.  To be honest, I had a hell of a time with the trees and when I first started adding them I thought I had messed the the whole picture up for sure.

It's not my best of course.  But I was enough to get me motivated to work on some of my other projects, so that's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your feedback. Constructive criticism is always welcome.