Saturday, March 28, 2015

Morning Glory

I'm not sure if I should call this a work-in-progress.


I don't exactly feel 'done' but I do feel like there is no where further I can take it, and any further tinkering will lead to ruination.

It's a happy-but-not-quite-satisfied feeling.  I'm about 80% excited about the result, but I still feel like it's not quite complete.

So I'm putting it aside and calling it complete.  For now.

This piece is a reproduction of a photo that the Well-Travelled One took at my old house.  The third, or maybe second, summer I lived in the Dollhouse we found a crop of morning glories growing in the front garden, in spite of never having planted them.

The two sets of leaves are the result of the vines partially engulfing an existing rosebush.

It was overcast the day the original photo was taken, resulting in a dead-on light source and very little shadow, and giving the appearance of a stark-white background.

I had a difficult time with the water droplets on the rose bush leaves.  If I decide to come back to this, I will be attempting to fix those.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your feedback. Constructive criticism is always welcome.