Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day Fun - Beach and Abstract [UPDATED]

Today is Mother's day, and as a surprise, this morning my kids set up a number of 'stations' consisting of things I could do to relax on mothers day, including taking a bubble bath, reading, and going for breakfast.  One of the stations was painting with them.  I thought I'd share what I came up with.

It was nice, since I've been in a bit of a slump the last two weeks, with little to no motivation or inspiration.  Just painting for a bit of fun kind of reminded me that the process, sometimes, is just as important if not moreso than the final product.

Here's what I came up with.

Beach. Wet-in-wet acrylic on construction paper.
Abstract, acrylic on black construction paper.
UPDATE: My co-worker saw this post and asked if she could have the beach picture for her office.  It looks quite nice framed:

All's professional-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your feedback. Constructive criticism is always welcome.