Sunday, December 6, 2015

Desert Sunset - (Video)

I found out a while ago that my iPad has a time-lapse video option, thanks to a recent upgrade. I figured this might be fun for creating videos showing my painting process.

I made a first attempt at this a few months ago when I was painting this piece, but the result was very haphazard, as my daughter, who was manning the iPad, kept moving it around while I kept picking up the small canvas board and putting it down again.

This time I set the iPad up on another easel and aimed it towards my working easel and set to it.


My final result is here:

8 x 10 acrylic on Masonite.
 I went back the day after and added some red and orange glazes to bring out the colours around the sun a bit, but basically this was just a fun exercise.  I caught up on my works-in-progress last week, so I wanted to keep in the habit of painting even if I didn't have any ambitious projects in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your feedback. Constructive criticism is always welcome.