Monday, February 29, 2016

Dancer Romancer

So, I've had a number of pieces inspired by an eclectic ensemble out of Peterborough by the name of The Burning Hell.

The first song I heard by them, and the first song of theirs I learned to play by them was a tune called "Dancer-Romancer" which basically states that we're all here by chance, whether ant or tree or human being, and we're all going to die, eventually.

This picture here is a literally interpretation of the third verse:
When the little baby plays in his little baby box of sand
Will he crush the little ant with his little hand
Will a lightning storm bring tall tree crashing down
on the little sand box and if it does will there 
be a little sound if there's no one around
Acrylic on 12x20 gallery canvas
I wanted to get all the subjects in this verse incorporated into one scene, so there's a lot going on here.

I decided to make the baby more of a toddler, and also a girl, because why not?

In my head this was going to have a very extreme forced perspective, more of an ants-eye-view, but I'm not that skilled yet.  That being said, I do like the way this turned out.  I got to make use of some of my mediums to give the sandbox that gritty texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your feedback. Constructive criticism is always welcome.