Sunday, February 28, 2016

Some Canadian Content for #SketchySunday

I'm from Canada. I take an odd amount of pride in our popular culture.

People say that Canada has no good television, and it's such a lie. It's just a matter of knowing where to find it, and watching it so it doesn't get cancelled after one bloody season (R.I.P, Strange Empire).

One show that I'm currently fixated on is X Company, which is loosely based on actual events. It's about a group of spies trained out of a spy camp in Central Ontario during WW2.



This is a scene from last week's episode where Aurora Luft befriends the wife of a German official, in an attempt to gain counter intelligence. It took me a pretty long time. I'm sort of happy with it, but I do realize that both women have facial features that are too big for their head.

The other sketch I worked on this week is a picture of Greg Keelor and Jim Cuddy of Blue Rodeo, a very well known Alt-Country group based out of Ontario (I think!).



The reference picture had a lot of backlight so in my attempt to catch that, I just ended up drawing a lot of lines too lightly. But I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your feedback. Constructive criticism is always welcome.