Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Over by Chris P's Parents Place

This a quick post, since I have been working on stuff lately, but not posting as much. After getting a few projects done, I've hit a wee bit of a slump.

So I'll do some posting instead.

8x8 acrylic on gessoboard
I saw this picture on a friend's Instagram feed and (almost) immediately asked if he'd be okay if I painted it (you know, after getting over the whole 'would that be weird?' thing).

I'm pretty damn happy with this. This was my first time making use of matte gel, since it was a very muted palette (which I'm not totally used to).  As well, I did a bit of knife work to get the weathering on the wooden boards.

Check out Chris' comics and other work on his instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your feedback. Constructive criticism is always welcome.