Saturday, June 18, 2016

Penetanguishene Harbour at Dusk [UPDATED]

12x 12 acrylic on canvas
Stumbled across the reference picture on the Penetanguishene Instagram page and thought it was kind of cool.

The original reference photo credit goes to Devon Mary Ward.

I'm not entirely sure if I'm happy with this. Some of the colors I like, and I like how the lights on the shore turned out.  I'll be submitting this and this piece to an upcoming "Places and Spaces" show at the Quest Art Gallery.

Wish me luck.

UPDATE: This piece was accepted and will be on display at the Quest Art Gallery in Midland, Ontario from June 24, 2016 to August 20, 2016.

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! I love the lights on the shore too. good luck, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing official yet, but I am told this piece is currently hanging up at the gallery, so that's a good sign if ever there was one.+

      Delete

Feel free to leave your feedback. Constructive criticism is always welcome.