Monday, September 5, 2016

Girl and Dog

I took my girls on an impromtu trip to Quebec City a few years back, over the Labour Day weekend.  Quebec City is a little over 900 km from where I live, so it required at least one overnighter.

A friend and former co-worker offered to put us up for the night at their house, which was also an operating dog kennel and breeders, so there were Australian Sheepdogs all over the place.

I snapped a picture of my youngest in the field with one of them.

Acrylic on 8x10 Wood Panel
I did this one very quickly, I think all told it took about and hour and a half. I just wanted to practice some techniques I had seen in a few books, mostly to practice getting depth through lighter backgrounds, darker foregrounds.

I link that it has a kind of impressionist feel to it.  The day was rather overcast so I don't have a really good light source, so that was kind of a bummer.

I like how the dog turned out though. Animals are a new thing for me, so I was happy with that aspect.  Overall I rather like this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your feedback. Constructive criticism is always welcome.