Thursday, January 26, 2017

Desert Grave

Sometimes I just want to paint for the hell of it but I don't really know what I want to do, so I just start slapping colour onto a junk canvas until I start to see something.

This quickly turned into some rolling hills, and a blood-red sunset.

I was listening to a Murder By Death cover of "Desert Grave" at the time, and I think that probably informed the feel of the final product.

Acrylic on 14x11 canvas
I really like the the light reflecting off the hills closer to the horizon.  That was kind of an accident, as was some of the oranges and yellows that are peeking through the browned of the ground.

I'm a big fan of sunsets and silhouettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your feedback. Constructive criticism is always welcome.