Saturday, February 11, 2017

Snowscape with Creek and Fence

It's winter here in Canada.

There are a lot of things I don't like about winter, and not many that I do.

But I do enjoy the fresh-fallen snow when the sun is hitting mid-afternoon and the sky is a brilliant blue.

Cameras never capture the effect as I would like, so I decided to try a simple snowscape from my imagination.

The song Membership by the Tragically Hip has a line about a 'butterscotch river overspilling its banks' which is what I tried to capture in with the creek flowing through the foreground.

9x12 Acrylic on Canvas
I also wanted to make sure I caught subtle things like the reflection of light on the surface of the snow, and the three dimensional effect of the snow where the banks meet the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your feedback. Constructive criticism is always welcome.